Making your very own dildo is super fun. There are many different ways with which you could make your dildo, and in this article, I will highlight all of the best options available. You will learn that my favorites dildo making strategy is through the help of the Clone-A-Willy penis molding kit, but if you don’t want to spend any money on your homemade dildo, then don’t worry. I will explore the other available options as well – everything from carrots to mascara bottles!
What is a Homemade Dildo?
A homemade dildo (or DIY dildo as it’s sometimes referred to as) could technically be any kind of everyday object which you stick inside of yourself. However, in the context of this article, let’s say that a homemade dildo is a penis-shaped object which you use for sexual purposes. It might not be the most scientific definition of a homemade dildo, but I have yet to encounter a dildo scientist in my life, so let’s let it slide for now, shall we?
If it looks like a penis, if it acts like a penis, and if you made it yourself – then there you go – you have yourself a homemade dildo! Before we move on to the actual methods on how to make a dildo, let’s highlight some methods on how you should NOT make yourself a homemade dildo.
How NOT to Make a Homemade Dildo
If you want to avoid getting diseases and rupturing your pleasure patches, then take some precautions:
- DON’T insert any household object inside of yourself unless it has been sterilized or covered with a condom. Inserting dirty plastic inside of yourself is dangerous and an easy way of catching diseases.
- DO make sure that any object you insert of yourself will not smash or break into pieces. There is nothing worse in this world than having to clean your insides from broken-down pieces of a Cheetos-covered TV remote.
- DO make sure that the material of your homemade dildo is nonporous and free of phthalates. Dildo materials such as silicone are body-safe because they do not react with or release any chemicals which could cause bodily harm. If in doubt, don’t insert. Simple as that.
These precautions are most relevant if you are using a regular household object such as a cucumber or a TV remote as your dildo. If you’re using a penis molding kit to make your dildo, or if you bought a regular dildo from a trusted sex toy store, then you can rest easy. You will not have any issues!
How to Make a Dildo
With all that out of the way, let’s get to the part which you are probably most interested in. How do you make your very own dildo?
Well, in order to show you the process, we should first clarify which kind of a dildo you are trying to make. Is it a fully homemade dildo made of household objects, or is it a dildo created with a penis molding kit? If you are unsure of what you want, then don’t worry – I will cover both of them in greater detail.
In short, though, creating a fully homemade dildo involves using household objects for sexual pleasure. They can be effective at times, but in reality, they are no match to a real high-quality dildo. Penis molding kits, on the other hand, are very easy to make, and they look and feel superb.
Let’s explore our options more closely, shall we?
Fully Homemade Dildos
When I say fully homemade, I mean FULLY homemade. You can make these DIY dildos out of common household items which are lying around your house. Spark some new life into that old TV remote or hairbrush!
Fully homemade will not feel as good as dildos created with the help of a penis molding kit, but because of their cheap price (or lack of a price, for that matter), they are still worth considering.
Here are some of the everyday items you might consider turning into a fully homemade dildo:
- Cucumbers – This one goes without saying, right? Get one of those extra fresh and extra girthy cucumbers, then place a condom together with some lube on it, and enjoy! When it comes to having sex with food, cucumbers will be your best bet!
- Carrots – Too small and pointy for my liking, but they are still worth a mention. Carrots can make good beginners homemade dildos, but if you like ’em big, then they are no good. If you are planning a trip to the grocery store, then I suggest you go invest in a cucumber instead.
- Bananas – A great alternative to cucumbers! If you manage to find a fresh banana which isn’t overly soft, then it will make a solid homemade dildo. However, if it’s even a little bit mushy, then it will likely not last very long.
- Shampoo bottles – You’re naughty! While certain shampoo bottles can be used as DIY dildos, they are not ideal as they tend to feel too rigid.
- TV remotes – Probably not a good idea, unless you have a penis-shaped TV remote for whatever reason. TV remotes tend to be very dirty, and the condom you put around the remote might break, as they tend to be full of bumps and ridges.
- Candles – Again, probably not the best idea. Candles tend to break easily and ruin your fun in the heat of the moment.
- Ice – Making a homemade dildo out of ice can actually be surprisingly effective. In order for ice dildos to be effective, though, you need some kind of a mold which is in the shape of a penis.
- Make-up bottles– Obviously this depends on which kind of make-up kits you have, but small make-up bottles can sometimes be effective homemade dildos. Just make sure none of the chemicals inside leak out during use.
- Tool handles – Screwdrivers, hammers… if you can find a tool handle without a sharp end, then it could very well be the homemade dildo of your dreams!
- Electronic toothbrushes – If you not only want a homemade dildo but also a homemade vibrator, then an electric toothbrush might just float your boat. Electric toothbrushes are freaking expensive, though, so you might as well get a real vibrator at that point.
Penis Molding Kits
If you want to make yourself a high-quality dildo, and you are willing to invest around $40, then a penis molding kit will be your best option. Not only will you have the chance to create a dildo all on your own, but you can even create an exact replica of your boyfriend’s cock!
With fully homemade dildos creating working penis replicas is not really an option, as you will be limited to the shapes of your household objects. Perhaps you could try making an ice dildo in the shape of a penis, but it’s rather difficult and they are only good for using once.
Unlike dildos made from cucumbers and carrots, dildos created with the aid of a molding kit feel very high-quality. The material, the look, the feel… it’s exactly like a high-end dildo. If you truly want to make yourself the best homemade dildo, then a penis molding kit will be your only choice.
Let’s take a closer look at the best penis molding kits on the market today:
Best Homemade Dildos / Penis Molding Kits
Here I will highlight the best homemade dildo creating kits (penis molding kits), which can save you a lot of hassle. Forget cucumbers, forget carrots… all you need is to mold your dream dildo. And it’s super easy.
1. Clone-A-Willy – Best Homemade Dildo Molding Kit
Price: $44.99 on Lovehoney
When it comes to making your own high-quality dildo, the top of the line is Clone-A-Willy. The Clone-A-Willy company singlehandedly create the “penis molding” category, and their quality is unparalleled. After their invention, many alternative brand shave popped up, but none of them has lived up to the same standard as the original.
If you want to see how the best penis molding kit works, then take a look at the following video. It was created by the folks over at Clone-A-Willy themselves.
They may be wearing lab coats in the video, but the process of making a dildo from a penis molding kit really isn’t rocket science. All you need is a penis to replicate the dildo from. The replication inspiration could be your husband, your fuckbuddy, or even another dildo.
If you truly want to create the best homemade dildo possible, then get one of the Clone-A-Willy kits. They are superb and by far the best products in their category.
2. Vibrating Clone-A-Willy with Balls
This is the vibrating counterpart of the regular Clone-A-Willy. If you want a vibrating dildo in the size of your favorite penis, then this product is the way to go. Making a vibrating homemade dildo may seem difficult, but in reality, it’s just as easy as making a regular dildo. All you need to change during the “manufacturing” process is to add a separator inside of the mold when it’s drying. The separator comes included in the package and once the whole dildo is dry, you can just swap the separator area out with the vibrating bullet.
Another advantage this model has over the regular Clone-A-Willy is the fact that it also molds the testicles. A replicated penis is great, but a replicated penis with testicles feels way more realistic. Therefore, if you are shooting for realism – this is probably a better pick compared to the original. If you don’t like the vibrations, you can always turn them off.
3. Glow in the Dark Clown-A-Willy
The third and last version I would recommend you to check out is the glowing counterpart of the regular Clone-A-Willy.
What? Another Clone-A-Willy? Well, yes… there is just no way around them. I know I’m saying this over and over again, but they really are the best homemade dildos money can buy.
If you want to take your DIY dildo out to the club or if you enjoy playing in the dark, then this the Glow in the Dark Clown-A-Willy is the way to go. It may seem a bit strange to make a glowing dildo at first, but once you see it in action – you will fall in love! The feeling and quality of the dildo are exactly the same as the regular product, though, so if your dildo glowing like a star does not interest you, then just get the original Clone-A-Willy.